We intend to work in the following thematic area:
“Education, culture and medias” where we will be able to ccordinate our actions and interventions, where all the actors of education will be able to meet and debate on their activities.
We propose six seminars on the following topics (the discussion is open) :
1) Evaluation: A tool for free market?
2) Higher education and research: The Bologna Process, The Lisbon strategy, resistances and proposals.
3) Working conditions, salary and casualisation for education workers in Europe.
4) European politics regarding education and culture, and developing countries
5) Educational systems in East European countries and neoliberal reforms
6) Europe : The education we are fighting for:
The right for:
free and public education
a high standard of quality
education and mother tongue etc.
We intend to write a document for the Athens ESF. Every country will organise working groups composed of different associations and organisations of the network and they will have to write a two-page report on the situationof education in their respective countries including the actions of resistance against the attacks of neoliberalism.
A first draft should circulate amongst us during the following preparatory meeting in January. We call the countries that have not yet taken part in our network to join us.