We agreed on the enlargement process of the Charter to Malmö because we have to reflect the content of the Charter with all social movements and the ESF. But it is important to put forward proposals and discuss them with other networks and organizations to decide and build the amendments for and at Malmö. The first thing to do is to organize for the next EPA Berlin, a full day (Friday) with all interested person (s), about the themes, which may naturally be changed as the contacts that we will establish. At present the proposals we make, and around which we set up small open working groups are:
1. Europe’s policies towards the rest of the world (trade, migration, military, etc.).: Alessandra Mecozzi, Christophe Ventura;
2. precariousness and the right to work: Chantal Delmas, Carlo Guglielmi, Annick Coupè, Michel Rousseau;
3. Social Rights: Angela Klein, Natassa Theodorakopoulou;
4. Alternatives economic and social to the liberalism: public services and common goods: Elisabeth Gauthier, Sven Giegold, Judith Delheim;
5. To revive a movement of and for Peace: Leo Gabriel, Raffaella Bolini, Massimo De Santi;
6. Enlargement of Europe: Petro Damo will be the reference point, and some people have already declared their interest (Hungarian, Romanian, Turkish, Russian…)
7. Democratic institutions for and of the other Europe: Antonis Manitakis, Franco Russo.
The topics which don’t make yet consenss or are not deepened enough in the Charter up today, will also be treated weather in a transversely way in the various workshops,or in complete seminar in separate issue (decision should be taken in Berlin for laicité(secularism), autonomy, the institutions of Europe)
The names are naturally proposals and (e) everyone is free to choose whether to participate, and also to change group.
It was also retained the idea of organizing at the end of this journey, and the work of Malmö, two assemblies designed to gather all the enhancements of the Charter in a global process through the 2 following topics:
peoples of Europe (European democracy at several levels).
All this work must be organized with other networks and that the first day in Berlin of the AEP devoted to networking meeting will be held on 5 / 6 hours so that they can be discussedon different topics with a short introduction prepared by the Working Groups. The goal is, if this is possible, to prepare for Malmö papers on these issues, which could be the basis of initiatives ... in Berlin, we should organize a meeting in two parts:one partwith the network and another part with the network of "labor and globalization, "and why not with the public services network if it is possible on certain topics.
2. The french friend offered to organize mobilisations campaign in the various countries to discuss and protest against “the amended Treaty” during its ratification. The basic idea is that the advice of european peoples cannot be avoided on European issues, especially on the treaties ..
In France, in particular, we will try again to request a referendum. This will be possible if Parliament does not vote by a qualified majority the treaty. In this connection the network has appealed European that can be found on the site and attached).
3. The working group on the website of the ESF has proposed to open an Network space of the Charter for another Europe on the website of the ESF to allow the spread of our activities. We accepted this proposal and decided to move in a few months, all the contents of our website (www.europe4all.org) on the ESF, which we’ll link with our website .. We must remind everyone that it is necessary to contribute to the costs sustained by Copernic for the website.
Franco Russo Chantal Delmas