THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FORUM PROCESS NEEDS YOUR CONTRIBUTION!
Invitation to take part in the process for a more inclusive ESF
LET’S PARTICIPATE IN THE CONSULTATION ON THE ESF PROGRAMME - FIRST STEP OF ESF PROCESS NEW METHODOLOGY
The next European Social Forum will be held in Athens, on April 2006.
After the experiences held in Florence, Paris and London we feel the need to renew the preparatory methodology, the format and the territory of the Forum, with the following aims:
to involve as much as possible movements, networks, organizations, individuals which, all over Europe -at the international, regional, national, local level- can join the global movement for a different world.
to improve the strength of the European social movements of working and fighting together for another Europe, refusing war, neoliberalism, racism, sexism and patriarchy, a Europe based on peace and rights.
to highlight and witness the variety of experiences of social struggles
to improve the capability of deepen the dialogue and the debate between different approaches and identities in order to make step forwards in the definition of alternative policies and practises.
to facilitate and improving communication between movements and organization, the process of networking, the building up of common agendas, campaigns, actions, mobilizations.
In order to achieve this goal, we want to include as much as possible organizations, networks and all forms of collective groups and entities in the definition of the next ESF programme.
The next European Preparatory Assembly, in Prague on May 20th-22nd, will decide on themes and priorities to be discussed in the ESF.
We invite all of you to take part in the European Preparatory Assembly.
We invite all of you to participate in the broad consultation we are organizing all over Europe.
PARTICIPATING IN THE CONSULTATION IS VERY EASY!
1. Go to the website http://workspace.fse-esf.org and check wether your entity has been registered if no create your entity and register people who will act inside the Workspace for your entity.
2 - Select consultation and answer the two following questions:
* WHICH KIND OF THEMES DO YOU WANT TO BE DISCUSSED IN THE NEXT ESF?
* WHICH ARE, ACCORDING TO YOU, THE PRIORITIES FOR THE OTHER EUROPE WE WANT?
3. You can also send a mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The answers can’t exceed 200 characters each.
5. The deadline for answering is 10th of May
In order to help the consultation, we remember you that the main topics in the last ESF were:
1. war and peace
2. democracy and fundamental rights
3. social justice and solidarity: against privatization for workers’, social and women’s rights
4. corporate globalization and global justice
5. against racism, discrimination and far rights: for equality and
6. environmental crisis, against neoliberalism and for sustainable societies
PLEASE, HELP US TO SPREAD ALL OVER EUROPE THIS INVITATION
TOGETHER, FOR ANOTHER EUROPE
The ESF European Preparatory Assembly